Khulna Tigers vs Rajshahi Royals, Bangladesh Premier League final Preview – Betting Tips, Latest Odds, Team News and Predictions – 17/1/2020
The Rangpur Rangers, Cumilla Warriors, Dhaka Platoon, Sylhet Thunder and Chattogram Challengers ultimately were not good enough to reach the 2019-20 Bangladesh Premier League. This has left the Khulna Tigers and Rajshahi Royals to battle for the title in Dhaka on Friday.
They met in the 1st Qualifier earlier this week, when the Tigers’ solid form continued with another comfortable victory. Four days later, the stakes are substantially higher, particularly for the Bangladesh stars pushing for a spot in the squad for the T20 World Cup in Australia later this year.
The final should have a smattering of international stars too, including West Indian big-hitter Andre Russell and South African seamer Robbie Frylinck. The BPL has been a good home for the players who were unable to get a gig in Australia’s Big Bash League, which is played pretty much at the same time as the tournament in Bangladesh.
Khulna Tigers vs Rajshahi Royals – Match Preview
Where: Shere Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur, Dhaka
When: Friday, 17 January 2020
Start Time: 18:30 (IST), 13:00 (GMT)
Khulna Tigers vs Rajshahi Royals – Latest Odds
It’s tight at the top, with Unibet unable to split the finalists. The Tigers and Royals are priced at 1.90 to win the Bangladesh Premier League final. The same goes for the toss, with each team offered at 1.91 to win the all-important flip of the coin.
New Customers Only | 18+ | T&Cs apply
Money Back If First Bet Loses
Money back up to €25 or equivalent currency
Khulna Tigers vs Rajshahi Royals – Team News
The Khulna Tigers have this season’s leading run-scorer in former Bangladesh captain Mushfiqur Rahim. He has collected 470 runs in 13 innings. This tally is all the more significant, given that he is also the wicketkeeper. The double role is challenging. He is their captain as well, so the responsibility is actually three-fold. The Tigers also have former Proteas batsman Rilee Rossouw. His collection of runs is right up there with Rahim’s.
Among their bowlers, Frylinck has been superb alongside Pakistan fast bowler Mohammad Amir. It was Amir’s six-for in the 1st Qualifier against the same opposition the Tigers will face on Friday that kept Pakistan’s national selectors awake to his talent. While Amir has retired from Test cricket, he is still pushing for a spot in Pakistan’s squad for the 2020 T20 World Cup.
The cosmopolitan feel of the Rajshahi Royals’ squad is led by Pakistani duo Mohammad Irfan and Shoaib Malik, West Indian Russell and England’s Ravi Bopara. All four are not likely to be in the XI for the final, but at least three. Russell’s name will surely be the first penned to the team sheet. He has been characteristically solid with the ball and hit a hefty half-century in that 1st Qualifier. The Royals might not have won the match were it not for his heroics with the willow.
Just like Rahim for the Tigers, Liton Das has kept things going on the homegrown front for the Royals. While the franchise has relied heavily on their international stars, Bangladesh’s Das has batted really well throughout in support of Russell and company. Farhad Reza, meanwhile, has continued to churn out consistency for the Royals. He hasn’t played international cricket since 2014, but at 33 years old is still putting in good performances at domestic level. He has been a touch on the expensive side, but taken enough wickets to justify his selection.
Khulna Tigers vs Rajshahi Royals – Betting Tips
The most attractive bets, particularly those looking for good performances that will likely spill over into the Indian Premier League later this year, are certainly among the international players in the BPL.
Amir to do it again against the Royals
Amir made a difficult decision to retire from Test cricket in order to prolong his white-ball cricket career. The choice has reaped dividends, particularly in this BPL. He bowled with sharp pace, swing and control during that six-wicket haul against the Royals in the 1st Qualifier. With Betway pricing the Tigers at 1.83 to be the team with the top bowler, it’s a good pick with Amir and Frylinck around.
New Indian Customers only | Opt-in required | Bonus based on 1st deposit of ₹200+ | 3x deposit and wagering at odds of 1.75+ | Welcome Offer valid for 7 days from your new account being registered. 18+ | T&Cs apply | https://begambleaware.org | #Ad
1. This offer is only available to new customers at Betway Sports.
2. To qualify for this offer, you must tick the box ‘I wish to receive the Welcome Bonus and accept the Terms and Conditions’ during the registration process.
3. This offer is valid for 7 days from your new Account being registered.
4. If you opt in to receive this offer during the registration process, you will automatically receive a bonus with your first deposit, provided this is made within 7 days of your new Account being registered.
5. If you ticked the box ‘I wish to receive Welcome Bonus and accept the Terms and Conditions’ by mistake, or if you do not want to receive any further bonuses, or if you wish to cancel this offer please contact Customer Support.
6. To withdraw each bonus and any winnings associated with it, you need to wager an amount equal to six (6) times the applicable bonus granted – i.e. ₹200 Bonus granted would require ₹1200 (6 x ₹200) to be wagered before the bonus and any associated winnings can be withdrawn. As with all bonuses you can withdraw your cash balance at any time.
7. Bets placed at certain odds will contribute a different percentage towards the wagering requirements. Please see the ‘Wagering Contributions’ section for more details
8. This offer may not be claimed in conjunction with any other promotions currently offered by Betway Sports and is subject to on-going review. Betway Sports reserves the right to amend this bonus offer at any time, including no longer offering this promotion.
9. Flexi Bonus General Terms and Conditions apply.
Matched First Deposit
100% Deposit Bonus up to ₹2500
3x deposit and wagering at odds of 1.75+
Russell to rampage against the Tigers
Russell has effectively outperformed Chris Gayle as the West Indies’ leading domestic T20 cricketer over the past couple of years – and it has shown in this season’s BPL again. Russell will play for the Kolkata Knight Riders in the IPL again later this year. In the ‘Any Player to Score 100’ market or the BPL final, at 9.50, it’s an attractive pick. If not Russell, then Das could oblige the ‘yes’ selection in this category.
Khulna Tigers vs Rajshahi Royals – Prediction
The Tigers topped the round-robin table ahead of six other teams and then didn’t mess around in the next round, advancing straight to the final with a win in the 1st Qualifier. They are familiar with the opposition in the final, having beaten then easily earlier this week. All this suggests they will win the final as well. With the unpredictability of T20 cricket, though, and players like Russell able to win matches almost singlehandedly, don’t discount the Royals from winning this.
Best Bet: Rajshahi Royals to hit the most fours with Betway at 2.10